Friday, January 7, 2011

December 2010

Well December started off with us finally feeling a bit settled in our new home so we invited some kiddos over to play Just Dance 2, make holiday decorations, and just have fun.  The kids had a blast even if it was a last minute thing and Alexyss and Luke were excited to have them here.




December 20th was Justin's Birthday so we went out to dinner with some friends to celebrate.  Then next morning Justin's grandparents arrived from PA.  One day later I took Justin's gram to the ER because her sugar was way too high.  After many delays in her care she ended up having another stroke, getting intubated, needing a central line, and her sugar was just below 800.  She is still here in VA and has a long road of recovery ahead of her.  She's out of the hospital now, and is in a Rehab facility.  There she'll learn to speak again, and hopefully be able to use her right side after much therapy.  Then, and only then, she can make the trip back to PA.

December 23rd my parents arrived from PA so Justin and I were able to spend more time at the hospital with his gram in the ICU.  It was nice to have help around the house as everything sort of stopped for a few days.  With them, they brought cookies and candies from their neighbors, Holly & Doug.  I'm not sure if they even know how much that meant to me.  We hadn't had a chance to make cookies yet and Luke kept asking, "When will we make Santa's Cookies, Mom?"  I was just too exhausted physically and mentally to make it happen.

December 24th I ended up at the hospital most of the night as that is when I noticed Justin's gram not using her right side.  She was barely speaking at that point so I let the nurses know and they sent her for more testing.  This was yet another stroke.  I came home to Mom's lasagna and my family around the table... there's nothing better.  Then back to the hospital I went.  The kiddos were in bed when I got back but they weren't asleep so they got kisses and then I went to relax with Justin and my parents.  I think it was almost 11pm when we were able to get the gifts under the tree and off to bed we went.


December 25th was amazing as usual.  We are so very blessed each year when it comes to gifts for our children.  Justin and I had 3 boxes full of gifts for the kids and our families, Santa brought another box full, and my parents brought a trunk full from PA.  Thanks to following people for sending gifts:  My parents, Aunt Mary Jane & Uncle Brian, Aunt Lindy & Uncle Donald, Grammy Miller, Grammy Stump, Pappy Fisher, and Grandma Sue & Grandpa Nelson.  We hope that you received your Thank You cards already!
I made dinner as Justin and his friend watched football, my dad played on the computer, the kids played with their gifts, and my mom peeled potatoes.  Next thing I know my garbage disposal is backed up and Justin comes in to fix it while telling us we can't use the water.  We're working around him and rinsing potatoes in bowls... what a mess.  But Christmas couldn't be completely perfect, or it wouldn't be MY life.  lol.  The rest of the night did go off without a hitch though and the snow slowly started to fall.


December 26th we woke up to almost a foot of snow.  Don't worry, it didn't keep us in the house.  We went out to eat for lunch and even stopped by Walmart... while the rest of VA acted like the sky had just fallen.  Wimps!  Then the shoveling of the driveway began so that more company could arrive.

December 27th my parents left and a friend of ours arrived with her 2 children.  They left after the New Year.

December 31st Justin had gotten home from Duty around 4pm and we got ready to head to Busch Gardens with our friends;  The Benson's, The Smith's, and one other family.  We stopped for Mexican Food first which did not even closely resemble the Mexican Food in Cali... then off to the park we went.  The lights were beautiful, the weather was cold, the peppermint hot coco tasted wonderful, the fireworks were amazing, and everyone had a great time.  It was a wonderful way to spend the new year with great friends before Justin left.



And that's December in a nut shell.  :-)  Nothing glamorous, but it's my life.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment