Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Day In The Life...

Well as you may already know, Justin is officially deployed.  This bring tears quite frequently from Alexyss and has glued Luke to me permanently.  If you don't believe me, read on...

I made plans to head to Starbucks with a friend on Wednesday.  Usually I am able to shower, get dressed, apply make up, and blow dry my hair in 30 minutes so that I can be out the door.  Add to that some time to get Luke ready (Lex was at school) pack a bag of tricks, and such and I estimate it'll take 1 hour to get ready.  Normally I'd be right, but remember Daddy is gone.  I tell my friend I'll be ready by 10am and I pride myself at being on time.

8:45 - I head upstairs to shower with Luke glued to me.  I go into the closet, pick my clothes, decide to start a load of laundry, and made Lex's bed.  Luke has not left my side and I've bumped into him a few times and knocked him over once.  Into the bathroom I go where he's in my way until I enter the shower.  I get out and he's still there, playing with soap and water in the sink, waiting for me.  I brush my teeth then tell him to wait here, I just need to run downstairs to get a hair brush because they migrate (with Lex's help) to the downstairs bathroom.  He follows.  I figure while I'm down there I'll feed the cats, he runs right into me.  Upstairs we go and I get dressed, brush my hair, and blow it dry.  All the while he's sitting on the edge of the tub watching me, making sure I'm not leaving him.  I decide the shirt I picked isn't quite right so off to the closet I go.  He squeals an awful squeal and chases after me.  I try on another shirt and then another going from my room to the closet and the bathroom and then back again... and he's glued to my leg.  I tell him I'm going to run downstairs and get my phone because I need to make sure my friend hasn't tried to call.  He looses it.  Full meltdown... and I run down.  I run into him on my way back up.  I sit him on the bed while I text her and explain to him that I am not, under any circumstances, leaving him.  I head into the bathroom to apply make up and he rushes after me...  it's 10am.  Make up is finally on while he watched on and I go to his room to get his clothes... he runs after me.  His jeans are in the dryer, I tell him to wait there while I go right across the hall for them.  He squeals again and grabs my leg.  Clothes for Luke are found and into my room we go to get him dressed and to again explain that I am not going anywhere without him.  We head downstairs and I realize I don't have his DS to keep him entertained while we chat at Starbucks so I run around the house taking a quick look for it.  Guess who's on my heels and who got knocked over again?!  No DS in sight so we're off... 10:35am.  Grrrrrrrr.

Needless to say, we didn't leave the house today.  I just didn't have the energy.  I hope this too shall pass!  Otherwise I'm going to be one of those people who is always late for everything... and I despise those people!

6 comments:

  1. Nice, Jen. And at the same time, sorry to hear how dependent he has become. How often do you plan on posting here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It breaks my heart to hear that not only do you and your husband have to miss each other, but that Luke and Lex have to miss him also. You and my friend Briana (who's husband just returned from deployment) are by far the strongest women I know. Not because you stay strong for your husband, but because you stay strong for you children. I'm not sure people know how much your family goes through during each deployment. Thank you for the sacrifice, it is so much appreciated, at least by my family. Although I'm very liberal, I do believe in God and that God can bring some calmness, rest, and reassurance. I'll say a prayer for your family tonight for a bunch of nights to come...for Luke and Lex to find some peace and for you to have the strength to be the strong and wonderful wife and mother that you are. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! <3
    Josh - No idea how much I'll be posting, I guess we'll play it by day. :-)
    Deb - Thanks for the kind words, I am only as strong as my friends and family make me with their support. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I made it into your blog-- well kind of. ;) I am so sorry that you and the kids are going through this and hope that you at least had a little fun out the other day. I think Luke behaved wonderfully- he's a joy. I understand how frustrated you are though, hopefully- with time, the little guy will get back to normal. I'm here to help, however I can- just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this HUGE wrap for babies/toddlers... it will even wrap into a backpack. I'm sure you could find one and stick Luke into it. You'd be getting such a good workout, employing a chiropracter, and making your son super happy until Daddy gets home!!! Or, you could just give it time... but I think I'd go with the backpack idea, much more efficient :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL Ana! I'm thinking the wrap WOULD solve some of the issues, but may create even more. I'll pass. But Ty for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete